Tuesday, November 27, 2007

How Can You Not Love Fantasy Football?

I've copied a recent post from our fantasy league discussion board below. When I realized how ridiculous it would sound to people who aren't part of our league (or are non-participants in fantasy sports in general), I started laughing and couldn't stop. I'm still laughing now.

Just to put it in context, we have twelve teams in our league and six playoff spots. This is the final week of our regular season. Three teams (myself included) have clinched playoff spots and a whopping seven teams, all 6-6, are fighting for the other three.

Here goes:

I don't know if we've ever had a week as exciting as this right before the playoffs. Each of the 6-6 teams could end up in the playoffs.

Homechickens has to win to get the 1st round bye.

Hufflepuff and Bum Bum are playing for the first 1st round bye.

Then it gets really interesting.

Harmonica and FightingIrish control their own destiny and are into the playoffs with a win.

Regal, Detroit, Drunken, and Buckeye are also competing with each other for points scored this week b/c they are all within 40 pts. of each other.

dags needs to win and have DetroitLions4eva lose to make the playoffs.

It's pretty cool b/c everyone has something to play for.

Cheer for my team!

2 comments:

maheer said...

go dags!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.