Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Contest Winners

Hi all. This summer's 'Dar he Blogs winners are Christi H and James Hudspeth, for the professional eating and p-value contests, respectively. I thought Christi's answer really hit it on all cylinders as far as pointing out the physical and mental strength required to succeed in competitive eating. James ran unopposed in his contest. While I didn't quite get the answer I wanted, he did alert me to "The Lady Tasting Tea," which is turning out to be a great book (anyone interested in a breezy account of how statistics has contributed to the practice of science in the 20th century must absolutely read this book!).

Christi and James: Congrats, and get in touch with me about your prize, which will be a popular economics book of your choice.

No comments: