Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm Fired!

My fantasy football team, following an almost miracle season, has regressed back to the mean this year. I am currently 2-4 and have the lowest point total of the 12 teams in our annual league. I attribute a lot of this to injuries: the three starting wide receivers I drafted are all out (two indefinitely and one for the year), as well as two of my defensive players. Furthermore, the league draft having been before the end of preseason, I found myself with two QBs with strong training-camp buzzes that turned out to be unusually poor forecasts. All in all, an idiosyncratic mess.

But, I look at my lifetime record (I average about a 6th place finish out of 12 teams) and realized that there is likely a persistent component to my lack of titles and general mediocrity. I also noticed that Yahoo! Fantasy Football has a new feature where people can co-manage a single fantasy team.

Given all this, I've decided to fire myself as the general manager of my team, and outsource the responsibilities of drafting and early season waiver-wire moves to someone else. I will still retain final authority over decision-making and retain the capacity to make some moves myself, but all of this will be in a much reduced role.

My firing of myself is effective immediately. I am currently looking for someone with at least five years of fantasy football experience (from competitive leagues, with a successful track record) to take over the GM role of the team. Let me know if you are interested.

No comments: