Sunday, June 21, 2009

Back to the Clinic

I will be starting my third year clinical rotations tomorrow. I'm definitely excited for this: I've been away from medical school for a long time and I look forward to getting back into things and, this time, actually interacting with patients and providers.

Starting third year has a few implications for my blog. First, on difficult rotations I would expect my frequency of posting and length per post to decline. I will try my best not to let this happen, using the blog as my econ outlet especially during months where any substantial research is not realistic to undertake. Second, I will probably include more observations about American health care, especially as it relates to my hospital experiences, than I have in the past. This is a change I welcome: part of what will make my third year more interesting than it would have been pre-PhD is that I now see things with a different set of eyes. I also would like to learn more about American health care, and blogging more about these issues is one step towards that end.

In any case, I look forward to updating this space in the coming months and offering new perspectives and comments. I also look forward to your continued readerships and comments.

No comments: